“Heaven for romantics” – The Daily Telegraph
The rugged and remote Meru National Park was rescued from oblivion thanks to Elsa’s Kopje, an environmental award-winning, boutique lodge. Winner of the Good Safari Guide's 'Best Safari Property in Africa' award, Elsa's Kopje is widely renowned as one of the most elegant lodges in Africa.
Guests can enjoy inimitable seclusion in the vast expanse of Elsa’s Kopje, boasting 870km² of authentic African landscape. The park offers a thriving rhino sanctuary, and is famous for large elephant herds, hippo, lion, and birdlife; Elsa’s Kopje is recognised as having more diversity of animal species than any other park in East Africa.
Unashamedly romantic and beautifully styled, Elsa’s Kopje is sculpted into Mughwango Hill, above the site of George Adamson’s original camp where he raised and released orphan lions, long before conservation became fashionable. Each cottage is crafted around the rocks, with a large bedroom, open sitting room, veranda and rock-hewn bathroom, each with breathtaking views.
If you would like to experience the unique atmosphere and incredible setting of Elsa’s Kopje, get in touch with us today to discuss the requirements for your bespoke safari.
Why Book Your Safari With Us?
We have over 25 years experience operating luxury safaris in Kenya. Our intimate safari camps and lodges, away from busy tourist hotspots, are world renowned, and our open-side game drive vehicles with inbuilt camera chargers are the very best that Kenya has to offer. We work closely with local tribes, communities and guides; our focus is to conserve and preserve the beautiful culture and wildlife of Kenya, whilst providing a breathtaking experience for our guests.
About the Camp
- Boutique lodge with amazing comfort.
- 9 open plan, ensuite guest cottages (7 doubles, 2 twin).
- Elsa’s private house (1 double, 1 twin en-suite), sitting room, veranda, and private pool.
- Honeymoon suite (large en-suite double bedroom), private sitting room & deck.
- Infinity swimming pool, massage, shop.
- Silver level eco-rating and Andrew Harper Grand Award Winner.
- 215,000 acre National Park & rhino sanctuary.
- 360º views from Mount Kenya & Nyambeni Hills to the eastern plains.
- Rhino sanctuary, large elephant herds, and most diversity in species in East Africa.
- Experienced wildlife guides, silver and bronze level KPGSA certified.
- Bush breakfasts, picnics, and evening sundowns.
- Game drives in custom designed open sided 4×4 game viewing vehicles.
- Guided bush walks with resident guides.
- Day excursions to the Tana River and Kora National Reserve.
- Line-fishing in spring fed streams.